Gnarled, enlarged veins, most commonly appearing in the legs and feet.
Varicose veins are generally benign. The cause of this condition is not known.
For many people, there are no symptoms and varicose veins are simply a cosmetic concern. In some cases, they cause aching pain and discomfort or signal an underlying circulatory problem.
- Blue or dark-purple colored veins
- Twisted and bulging veins
- Pain worsening after long standing or sitting
- Bleeding from the veins
- Heavy or achy feeling in the legs
- Swelling, throbbing, burning, and muscle cramping